Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Snow!!


For the holidays, we go back to Omaha where the grandmas and grandpas live. During this trip back to Omaha, we got to see the white stuff ... snow! Now, this is a real treat, because the last couple of years, it didn't snow at all. I don't know about the whole "global warming" thing, but it really seems like it snowed a lot more when I was a kid growing up in Nebraska.

So anyway, Colin was absolutely thrilled to see all of the snow and couldn't wait to go play in it. Poor Nathan was sick and didn't get a chance to experience it. But I figure there will be lots of time for Nathan to get his chance. Heck, this is Colin's first time and he is 4!

Bob and Colin head outside and before you know it, there is a snow ball the size of a small country for the base of the snowman. The snow is absolutely perfect for snowman making. It's a little wet and deep enough so you don't get all the grass in snow ball (I hated it when that happened to me when I was growing up!) The snowman turned out very nice.



While Bob was completing Mr. Snowman, I'm following Colin around with the camera and Colin just lays down in the snow and starts making a snow angel! I was shocked ... where did he learn to do that? Or are snow angels just something that is instinctive to do when you are a little kid. I wouldn't think so, but here he is doing it!


After the snowman, it was time to do some sledding. This time was just down the small hill (I really hesitate to call it a 'hill' though!) in the front of Grandma Mary and Grandpa Jerry's house. Grandma Mary had a couple of plastic sleds that Bob and Colin used. Bob would slide on his stomach with Colin laying on top of him! I'm just so thrilled that I got an amazing picture of this as they were flying past me!


Colin had a couple more adventures in the snow during this trip. One of them was sledding down a very, very steep hill with Bob and Uncle Ian. Colin even got to see it snow when we returned to Kansas City for the flight home.

No comments: