Monday, December 10, 2007

Crocs


Crocs, those lovely shoes that have swept the nation. In my opinion they are quite unattractive, but they do have some great qualities when it comes to kid's shoes! Crocs are all plastic (or similar substance), so kids can wear them out into rain puddles and mud, and all you have to do is hose the shoes down. Well, maybe take a brush to it to get them a little more clean, but that's all. Also no more tying shoes, and the best part is that young kids (like Nathan at 18 months) can get them on. So I love crocs! As long as I don't have to wear them myself.

So our story with crocs goes like this: this summer I realized the benefits of crocs and bought Colin a pair. A couple of weeks later, I noticed blisters on Colin's instep. Well, this is not suppose to happen wearing the most comfortable shoe in the world, so I figured that I got the wrong size. Got a new bigger pair, then Nathan started wearing Colin's old pair. Really cute, because both pairs are the same color. Really confusing too, because both pairs are the same color. So back to the store to get some "gibbits", which are little do-dad's that attach to the shoe to give some personality to the plastic shoes. I got 2 "C"s for Colin and 2 "N"s for Nathan.

So crocs are more than just summer shoes, just put some socks on and viola, winter shoes. But at first I didn't realize that crocs could be winter shoes too, so I bought a pair of sneakers for Colin when it started getting cold outside. The sneakers have not been worn once.

Anyway, last night Bob and I had plans with some friends, Bill and Karen who have a little boy, Fritz who is almost Colin's age. In order to save some money on babysitters, we had all 3 boys over at our house with one babysitter while we went out then split the cost. After the night was over, they left with Fritz and I looked down to see a pair of sneakers that I didn't recognize; Fritz must have left his shoes here. This afternoon while running some errands, I stopped by Bill and Karen's with the shoes. Bill looks at them and says, "These aren't Fritz's shoes." Omigawd, it's the sneakers that Colin has never worn. I didn't even recognize them! I was so embarrassed!

No comments: