Friday, December 7, 2007

San Diego - Day 3

In the last post, I made a comment about how easy mornings are when you live in the East coast and travel to the West coast ... not so on the third day in San Diego after consuming way too much strong ale at the Strong Ale Festival. But I was able to put the previous night's mistakes behind me and go forth with the journey.


Our beer tour continued with a visit to Stone Brewing Co. which is the most polished beer establishment I've ever seen. WOW! The brewery is brand new and has a gift shop that you go through first, then you see the restaurant that has a wall of glass on one side that show cases the brewery. It's breath-taking! At the bar where Bob, Dave and Larry sampled, I could only drink cola at this point.

This is just Stone Brewing's growler filling station in the gift shop.

So many taps ... we couldn't figure out how they remembered them all.
Next stop was Port Brewing. We were spoiled at the last place so the lines and the waiting and the make-shift bar stools (grain bags on top of kegs) seemed so ... how do I say it ... so much like a let down. Oh well, I still was not drinking beer, but I'm sure the boys enjoyed their samples.


Then it was time to go back to the Strong Ale Fest. I finally drank some beer, but funny nothing really seemed to appeal to me like it did Friday night. There was no repeat performance, thank god! We hung around some friends that we met last year, Deanna and John. Last year Deanna was pregnant so she was happy to be drinking this time.

Deanna making up for last year!

It was an early night for us (again!). Our flight was early in the morning, and we didn't want to miss it. I was really missing Colin and Nathan by this time, and couldn't wait for my running hugs when I got home!

Some San Diego beer tour links to remember:
www.BrewHop.com
www.brewerytoursofsandiego.com

No comments: