Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mom spit

We have all seen someone do it -- moms who spit on their napkin or hand and clean their little ones face.

Well, here I was at my mom and dad's house and Colin had a dirty face that was driving me nutso! I grabbed my napkin, spit on it and wiped Colin's face. Colin gave me this look and said, "Mom, what was that?!" I explained that it was the universal cleaner called 'mom spit'.

That started it, I then found out that my dad hated 'mom spit', and his mother did it to him all the time! He hated it so much that my mom was not allowed to do this to their children (my brother, sister and me). Reflecting back on my action, I realized that I rarely do this and usually use a baby wipe. But this time I was trying to conserve baby wipes. We were running low this trip and had already been to Target several times and was not interested in making yet another trip to Target to get more baby wipes.

Now I know not to spit on my kids -- especially in front of my dad!

No comments: