Friday, April 18, 2008

I am ...

I've had this idea for a poem/essay that briefly and concisely captures the essence of me. So happy 40th birthday to me. This is who I am.

I am the first born.
I am shy.
I am the kid at school that never said anything.
I am the kid at school that the teachers always said "was a joy to have in class" because I never said anything.
I am a "schoolie".
I am a rebelious teenager trying to ditch the "schoolie" image.
I am best friends with the boys (but not in that way).
I am a Catholic high school student … and not Catholic.
I am nobody's steady girlfriend for more than 2 weeks.
I am an honor roll student.
I am breifly a sorority girl.
I am Bob's wife.
I am a Structural Engineer.
I am a CFO.
I am Colin's mother.
I am Nathan's mother.
I am a marathoner.
I am an Aries.
I am stubborn.
I am determined.

No comments: