Tuesday, April 15, 2008

San Fran - We found the birds!


So Tuesday we caught an early flight and landed at San Fran airport at 1pm. Checked into the hotel, then it was off to find the birds. We were headed toward Embarcadero and the bay. Mark Bittner indicated in his email to me (yes, the guy in the movie actually answered my email asking about the flock and where to see them!), anyway, Mark said that we might see the birds around Ferry Park which is around Embarcadero 3. I was skeptical that we would actually be able to find the parrots, it's a big city and they are wild and unpredictable. But one can try!

We are walking down the street and I think I hear something ... Mark also said that you would hear them before you saw them. I couldn't believe it, I asked Colin what he heard, and he got a big smile and said, "The birds from the movie!" Across the street was a park, so we raced for the park. The noise was deafening and wonderful, but still I couldn't see anything. Then on the ground ahead of us was a puddle and tons of green parrots bathing in the water. Jackpot! We found them. The kids were overjoyed, almost as much as I was. I keep saying that we went to San Fran because of Colin but the truth of the matter is that it was really for me to see the birds! But that's my little secret (and I'm publicly posting it on the web).

Back at the hotel, we realized that we could see the park where the birds were from our hotel room, so every time I looked out the window, I would imagine that I could see little green spots sitting in the trees and flying around. Of course from the 19th floor this is impossible.




No comments: