Sunday, April 20, 2008

San Fran - Nathan's bear


I can't believe we did this, but we left Atlanta without Nathan's bear. Nathan sleeps with the bear every night and nap. Now a little bit of background, the bear was a gift from my mom and was originally white with led lights inside so it glowed multi-colors. After I realized Nathan's attachment, I ripped all the lights out of the bear so I could easily wash it. Not that it gets washed very often. Also Colin has named the bear "puppy bear". I think it's growing on me, and Nathan has even referred to his bear by this name once or twice.

So I realized our error as we were arriving at the Atlanta airport, but there was no time to turn around and go back. I came up with a plan though. I called our neighbor and asked him to get the bear from Nathan's room and fedex it to us at the hotel. I figured we would only have one night without the bear.

The first night, the boys were tired! It was a long day of flying then seeing the birds and walking down by the water. So we were fortunate that Nathan didn't even notice that the bear was missing. The second night, he was throwing a tantrum and the bear was extremely effective in calming him down for the night.

A big thank-you to our neighbor for saving the day! ... and maybe the trip!

No comments: