Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Midnight snack

Last week Colin fell asleep on the couch while watching the bird movie, The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. This was about 4:00pm. At 5:00pm, I couldn't wake him up. So up to bed, put the diapers on and hope that he is tired enough that he will sleep through the night. We dread and debate about doing the early to bed thing.

Bob and I went to bed, and still no movement from Colin's room. We were hopeful. At 7:00am the next morning, I got back from bootcamp (still doing that craziness) and realized that Colin didn't wake us up! He must be starving, going to bed so early without dinner.

So Bob is carrying Colin downstairs for breakfast, and their conversation went something like this:

Colin (whispering): Dad

Dad (whispering too): What?

Colin: (still whispering): I already ate.

Colin is so independent that he woke up hungry, went downstairs, got out the yogurt, ate it and went back to bed. All without waking us up! I was amazed.