Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Polar bear club


New Year's Day, Inman Park has a Polar Bear Club at the neighborhood pool. Bob thought I was crazy, but I thought this sounded like a fun idea. They even have an "Ice Man Triathalon" where you bike around the block, run around the pool and then "swim" across the pool. The water is about 40 degrees, so not many actual put their head in the water but just wade across.

I don't have a bike and thought that Colin's tricycle would take to long to ride around the block, so I just ran the bike part of the triathalon -- I wasn't the only one to do this. But besides that, I did it and got a shirt too! BRRR - that water was cold. Luckily, it was only 40 degrees outside, they've done it when it's been colder. Yeah, I know it's rare down here in Atlanta, but it happens.




No comments: