Sunday, August 26, 2007

School starts

School started this week for Colin. It's his second year so I thought that it would be really easy. I didn't anticipate any crying or separation anxiety in the mornings like we went through when he started last year. However, Bob was really apprehensive and nervous about the start of school.

Last year was really difficult. It seemed like we went through 4-6 weeks of crying in the morning. Well, Bob mostly went through it. He took Colin to school most of the time, especially during the transitional time. We thought it would be easier for him than me, because Colin spends more time with me and is clinger to me.

We came to this conclusion because Bob took Colin to school the first couple days of school last year, and it went pretty smooth. And then it was my turn, it was so bad with Colin crying and clinging to me. Colin was so upset, the teachers had to pry him off of me, then I got upset. The mornings went down hill from there. We were so nervous when Bob had to go in early and it was my turn to take Colin to school -- even when it seemed like Colin was over the morning crying.

So Bob took Colin to school last Wednesday, the first day back. Bob said that there wasn't any crying but Colin looked kinda sad when Bob left. Friday I took Colin to school and I got the same impression, but I just told him that Harrison was waiting in the classroom for him and that seemed to help.

I think its funny. Colin was excited about starting school and seeing his friends, but Bob was the one all nervous about it.

No comments: