Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dragon*Con

Matt, Tracy & Colin
Colin & the Blue Lady
Atlanta hosts America's largest convention focusing on science fiction, fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film. In other words, it's a convention for the geeks out there that love star trek, dungeons and dragons, star wars and everything else geeky! Don't get me wrong, I love geeks, and I'm pretty geeky myself. So I use that term with the utmost respect and reverence to the convention attendees.

A couple of Dragon*Con attendees are friends of mine from Nebraska. Matt, Tracy and Mark stayed with us over the weekend while they went to the "Con". On Saturday, Colin and I joined them and saw some of the sights, and boy, there were some amazing sights! A lot of the Dragon*Con people like to do really bizarre and interesting costumes! See the picture above of Colin and the Blue Lady. Colin really liked her! But surprisingly Colin was not impressed by many of the costumes and was much more fascinated by the hotel's atrium and glass elevators!

At one point Tracy let me borrow her badge so I could see some of the convention. So Tracy and Colin decided to ride one of the glass elevators up and down 47 flights several times. Tracy said that they went up and down so many times that Colin was ready to get off the elevator!

And just to spice things up during the Dragon*Con weekend, Nathan learned a couple new tricks. He can now climb up on top of the stool all by himself. Bob was in the kitchen and then all of a sudden, there was Nathan sitting at the counter on top of the stool! Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I'm so scared of Nathan falling off of the stool! The other trick that Nathan started doing also involves climbing. Nathan can now get to the second level of the kitty condo.

So this morning Matt, Tracy and Mark left for the airport when Colin was at school. When Colin got home from school, he asked where they were. I told him that they went home. He got the biggest tears in his eyes and said, "I didn't want them to go." Colin really had a good time with them around and is going to miss them!

No comments: