Thursday, March 15, 2007

My first impression of Colin

So now I have the birth story documented, I thought I would document my first impressions of Colin after he was born. Immediately following the birth, I was exhausted, relieved to be done with that part and just plain loopy from the whole experience that honestly, being moved by the sight of my first born did not happen. Sorry Colin. I remember Bob being moved to tears, and I was just, "hey, I did it, I finally had this baby". This is completely opposite to the way I react under normal circumstances. Usually I am so emotional, everytime we passed the hospital or when we took the hospital tour, I would tear-up and start crying.

So we were moved out of the labor room to the ... I can't remeber the name but next room that you stay in after the baby's born. And Colin made a little sound. I remember my heart just stopping. I think it was the first time I heard Colin's voice (he didn't protest much that I remember after he was born) and it was the sweetest little sound that I have ever heard. Sometimes when Colin is talking now (he is 3), it reminds me of that first time I heard his little voice.

No comments: