Sunday, March 18, 2007

Don't run over mom's foot!

A little historical funny that we keep referring to now-a-days. Back last spring, after dinner one night at Mama Fu's, I was strapping Colin in the car seat, Bob was starting my car, the PT Cruiser, which is a manual transmission. Well, Bob's car, the Lexus, is an automatic and I guess Bob forgot how to drive a stick, because when he started it, the car lurched forward! Bob says that he thought he left the car out of gear, but it was in gear -- whatever! I freaked! My foot was right in front of the back wheel and when it lurched it came really close to my foot! So I screamed, "Don't run over my foot!"

Somehow, this turned into something really funny, and even now, a year later, when Bob is driving the PT and I'm strapping Colin in, Colin will say "Dad, don't run over Mom's foot."

As a side note, after this happened, Colin took his Pooh Car and ran it over my foot, which really hurt. I got mad, but then realized why he did it (to be funny). So I had to explain to Colin that is was funny because it didn't happen. And if Dad would have run over my foot that it would have been very serious and not funny. I don't know if he fully understood, but he stopped running the Pooh Car over my foot.

No comments: