Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sleeping like an angel

Another flashback ... when Colin was little, every night before going to bed, Bob and I would check up on him as he slept. It was just the sweetest thing to see him sleeping in the crib like an angel. We did this a long time, like every night since he was 4 months old (and finally sleeping in his crib) til 1.5 years or so. There was only once that we regretted doing it, when we had a little bit to drink and was a little too noisy going into his room. He woke up (grumpy) and it took 2 hours to get him back to sleep!

Well, Nathan is such a light sleeper that we do not do this routine at all! It's impossible! Just last night I wanted to see the boys, so I peeked in at Colin, did the "ahh" at seeing him sleeping on the boppy (he doesn't always sleep in his bed -- which should be another post all together!). Then opened Nathan's door, crept into his room to get a better look at his face, and then *boingg*, up pops his head! He sits up, I do the fast silent retreat without making eye contact. If you make eye contact, it's all over! Boy, I wish we could check up on Nathan every night like we did Colin. I really miss it!

No comments: