Monday, January 8, 2007

Baby sign language

Nathan is just shy of his one-year birthday and we think he is doing two signs!! He has been doing "milk" for a while, kinda sporadically though. And yesterday, at lunch Bob thought he saw Nathan do "all done". Then again today at lunch, I had the same thing happen to me! Nathan did the "all done" sign. I really think it's clicking for the little guy! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, we see him pickup even more signs.

This makes me so excited. I was really worried that Colin would have the sign language experience, (Colin did about 14 signs before he started talking), and we would get lazy and not provide the same experience for Nathan. Here is the list of signs that Colin did (just so it is recorded!):
*milk
*more
*cheese
*wait
*all done
*help
*car
*airplane
*book
*bird
*baby
*water
*Dat Dog (his lovey)
*please

No comments: