Sunday, January 7, 2007

Historical stuff

On the refridgerator I have a list of "Colin-isms", i.e. funny things that Colin has done or said that I want to remember. Being that the refridgerator is not the most permanent place to save things to remember, I will record them here.

First the summer before Nathan was born in 2006, Colin was 1 1/2 years old and just starting to talk. One of the things that he liked to say was "Go, go, go" Going through a pink light on the way to the ER when Colin was sick, "Go, go, go". In California with our mother's helper, Ali he added to it, "Go, go, go, go, go" whenever we were going to go somewhere.

After Nathan was born, Colin tried to breast feed his lovey, Dat Dog, for a couple of days. Obviously I was breast feeding Nathan. And then one day he lifts up his shirt and says "too small". I guess Dat Dog wasn't going to breast feed after all.

Some of the things that Colin has said (and the translation after):

"I can't like it" = I don't like it
"strapped out" = unstrapped
"Homaha" = Omaha
"dirty room" = mud room
"soup case" = suitcase
"Bummer" = Hummer (the car)
"spit out" = "spit up" (Nathan did this a lot when he was a baby)

Well, that's all that's on the refridgerator. Now I can start recording things on a as they occur basis.

No comments: