Saturday, October 13, 2007

Putting Nathan to bed

So Bob went on a 2-week trip to Asia, and I'm at home with the kids. The last time he went on an international trip, I had my mom fly down to Atlanta so I wouldn't kill the kids! That was only for one week. This time I am more confident with my abilities -- I hope! We also found a part-time nanny that is helping out a lot too!

So Bob left last Tuesday morning and the nanny came Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday last week during the day while I went into the office. The most major issue that I've had during that time was putting Nathan to bed, although this started even before Bob left. Every night Nathan would cry for almost an hour. I couldn't do anything to get him to lay down. This was Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night. Thursday night, the nanny put Nathan to bed because I had a Festival meeting and everything went fine, of course! The nanny mentioned that she couldn't find his night light so she left the light on. We have a dimmer light, so that's not a big deal, but it got me thinking, we usually turn the light off when we leave. Could be that Nathan has gotton to a point in his development that he is now aware of the light being turned off and does not like it. So Friday night, after spending the day with him because I did not go into the office for the first time in three days, I got a night light for Nathan and left the light on a little bit, and he went to bed for me with little trouble. He did start crying about 45 minutes after putting him to bed, but it only took me 10 minutes or so to get him settled down. Yahoo! I was so excited. Then tonight, it was even easier!

We will see how things go Tuesday night when the nanny comes back. However, next week she is only doing two days, not three days, which I think will be better.

No comments: