Saturday, October 13, 2007

Candler park fall fest

New Hats from Fall Fest

My goal was to go to the Candler Park Fall Fest before Nathan's nap today. Dad is still on his 2-week trip to Asia, and I just wanted to get out of the house with the kids, because if I spend too much time with them in the house, I get a little ... let's just say cranky, although pyscho might be a better word. Well, plans don't always work out the way you want.

It started with Nathan waking up at 6am. I would like to blame the change of plans on the contractor that was suppose to be here in the morning and didn't come until after lunch, but that would not be fair. The festival didn't open until noon, and Nathan was really ready for his nap by 1pm. That doesn't leave a lot of time to walk to the festival which is a little over one-mile from our house, do lunch and walk back. So the plan was modified to go after Nathan's 3-hour nap. I think I mentioned in a previous blog that I need to work on being more flexible with the plan, and I hope I accomplished this a little better today. Still room for a lot of improvement though.

So Nathan woke from his nap and before I know it, it's 1.5 hours later, man it takes a long time to get out of the house with 2 kids (phone call from the in-laws does not help either). Finally we are on our way to the festival! Which I mentioned is over one-mile away, and I'm walking a double stroller, and Colin wants to walk at the beginning. Talk about a long walk. But we made it and bought some tye-dye hats for Colin and Nathan, www.dyelaughing.com. Other vendors that I talked to and want to make note of:
* sandra meyer gallery, www.sandrameyergallery.com , who have a son almost Colin's age exactly -- Noah turns four in December. Sandra has amazing landscape/abstract like almost asian-like oils that I really want to get!
* Cherokee Creations, http://webpages.charter.net/delmoody/Del/ , Del Moody is a Metal Artist that creates really cool trees that I could really see on our fence outside. Need to ask him if the artwork can be hung outside.
* Jennifer Hyatt, Metal Art, Whimsical Iron Design, no website. Her card has a phone number 901-458-7446, but I don't know how realistic it is that I would be calling. Well, her stuff would look really good on the fence outside as well. There was a great seahorse and a sun/moon sculpture.
* Emma Jane Antiques, emmajaneantiques@gmail.com but no website. They have a large warehouse of antique stained glass windows in Marietta. Call Ed for an appointment, 678-907-4008.
* Operation Boot Camp, www.operationbootcamp.com, not art but for me to get into shape.

Anyway, we headed out of the festival really late, so it was dark by the time we got home. Colin talked about monsters the whole way home. I kept telling him that monsters were not real, but being he is 3 1/2 years old, I think it's a hard concept for him. I will blog more on that subject!

We are going to try and go to the festival again tomorrow.

No comments: