Monday, July 2, 2007

Nathan & books

Nathan has finally started to let us read to him ... kinda. At least he doesn't close the book everytime we open it in front of him. I know at this point that we were reading a lot of books to Colin, and I know I shouldn't compare. But it's so much harder to read to the second child, especially when he is so stubborn like Nathan is sometimes. I mean Nathan has liked books for a long time, but only in the sense that he carries them around and look at them on his own. He never let us read to him until recently.

The books that Nathan is most interested in are the ones with real pictures in them, not cartoon pictures. Also books about trucks are his favorite. He will even go to bed with it and read it before going to sleep.

Books are really important to us and I really want to give Nathan everything that we gave Colin, which is impossible I know. So I am very excited that we are making some progress with the book thing!

No comments: