Monday, July 23, 2007

Airport trip


Last week, my Aunt Deedy came to visit from Omaha. We had a great time! She went to Colin's swim lesson with us and saw Colin put his head under the water! She also went to the Centennial Olympic Fountains and watched Colin and Nathan running around in the fountains with me chasing after them!

When it was time for her to go back to Omaha, I made the mistake of telling Colin that we would be going into the airport. As it was, we ran out of time and ended up just dropping Aunt Deedy off at the curb and not going in the airport. This was a major disappointment for Colin, and he let me know for the next 20 minutes, crying and whining "I want to go into the airport, I want to go into the airport, ..." over and over again.

So my compromise to him was the next day after his swim lesson, we would go to the airport and have lunch! Colin and Nathan loved watching all the people rushing around. But after we finished eating, Colin wanted to watch the airplanes. Ummm ... we couldn't get to any place in the airport without going through security where you can see the airplanes. Something I didn't take into consideration when I came up with the idea! So instead of watching the airplanes inside, we went to the top of the parking deck and watched a couple of planes out there. People must have thought we were crazy! It was very hot that day, so Colin wasn't interested in watching too many airplanes and wanted to go back to the car.

All in all, I thought it was an interesting lunch date for the kids and me!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Kristine,

I just saw a link to your blog on Sheila's blog. Don't know if you will remember me...Isabelle is my 3 year old. I think we were all in the nursing support group at the same time.

Anyway, read your post and I thought you might be interested in this. http://theflyingmachine.com/index.html
Isabelle has been bugging me to death about going to the airport and I have to say you are a lot braver then I am. I'm not about to go to airport unless I have to pick someone up. So, a friend of mine and I were talking about the airport today and she told me about this place. We are going to go with some friends next week for lunch. It might be a little far for you, but if you are up for an adventure it might be fun. I'll try to remember to let you know how it was.

Kristine said...

Lisa,
Thanks for the suggestion! I do remember you from playgroups at Sheila's and Leslie's. I would really like to check the restaraunt out sometime. It looks like a lot of fun! I've been reading your blog too (found it through Sheila's as well!) My brother has Type 1 diabetes too. But he wasn't diagnosed until he was in junior high school.