Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Baby laughs

The other day, I was taking a walk with Nathan in the jogging stroller. The jogging stroller has a window in the sun shade so you can see him even when the sun shade is down. This also means he can see you! So near the end of the walk, Nathan looks up and sees me ... he giggles. So I make funny faces at him every time he looks up, he loves it and just laughs and laughs. There is nothing like the pure joy in a baby laugh. It's the greatest sound in the world, if you ask me. I mean it's impossible to not be affected by a baby laughing.

I remember sometime around two and a half years old when Colin lost his baby laugh. He was going to summer camp and started this evil laugh. I guess he must have picked it up from one of the kids. He doesn't do the evil laugh all the time now, but even his regular laugh isn't the same as a baby laugh.

Every once in a while, Colin will have a pure genuine baby laugh, and I love it! For now though, I'm going to cherish every one of Nathan's baby laughs!

No comments: