Saturday, May 19, 2007

Colin's teacher Ms. Jeanie

Jeanie greeting Colin at the gate on his first day of school.

At Colin's school, there are two teachers, Mrs. Maureen and Ms. Jeanie. A couple of weeks ago, the parents got an email saying that Ms. Jeanie would not be returning to teach in the fall, that she was going to become a full-time student. I personally was devastated, she is so good with the kids, and Colin has indicated in the past a preferrence for her.

So I was taking Colin to school the other day, and just before going in, he tells me that Jeanie is leaving the school next year. "Yeah, I know", I tell Colin. Jeanie greets us at the gate just like normal, but Colin is scowling. Uh oh.

Bob went to pick-up Colin from school that day and said that Colin got into trouble with Jeanie for not listening to her. Well, I have a theory, I told him. I think that Colin is mad at Jeanie for leaving.

Colin does the same thing when Bob goes out of town. Colin gets really mad at Bob. In Bob's case, Colin won't talk on the phone to him and gives him the silent treatment when he returns.

There's a week left of school. I hope Colin forgives Jeanie so he can enjoy this last week with her as his favorite teacher.

No comments: