Saturday, March 22, 2008

Two dogs

A couple weeks ago, Bob took Colin and Nathan to Omaha for a boys trip while I went on a scrapbooking retreat -- I know, I really know how to live on the edge!

At Grandma and Grandpa GG's house, they have a little dog, Gigi (what a coincidence, huh?). Side note, GG stands for Godberson and Godberson, which is where the dog's name comes from, even though the dog is a poodle and Gigi is a perfect poodle name. And "my" Grandma and Grandpa (my Dad's parents) were called Grandma and Grandpa G. So GG is good for me, because G was already taken. I digress though.

So at Grandma and Grandpa GG's house, there is usually only one dog, Gigi; however, when my sister comes to visit, she brings her little dog, Frankie. When Nathan came in the house and saw two dogs, he said "Two dogs!". This just impressed the heck out of the grandparents because the previous day there was only one dog and Nathan didn't say anything about the dog.

Nathan also does this little hand gesture where he holds up one finger on each hand and moves his hands back and forth. It's Nathan's trademark for two, whatever he is counting.

Of course if there are three dogs, Nathan still says "two dogs". Hasn't quite grasp the concept of three yet.

No comments: