Friday, September 21, 2007

STOMP

Last year I went to the show STOMP at the Fox Theatre with my friend Leslie, and it was amazing! So when I heard that it was coming back to the Fox, I wanted to take Bob and Colin. I thought that Colin would really enjoy all the percussion even though it would be really late for him. It was a risk. The show started at 8pm and would probably go until 10pm, and Colin really likes his sleep.

So the show was last night (Bob's birthday), I fully intended to get Colin to nap but with Bob's birthday and wrapping presents and getting the house ready for Bob coming home from a work trip to Colorado, the nap just didn't happen. My bad.

When the show started, Colin's eyes got so big! He said to me, "I like these guys". I'm thinking all right, we are going to make it! The shows energy and excitement will keep him awake.

Unfortunately, about 15 minutes later he started in with "I wanna go home." Darn! So I tried to get him to go to sleep on my shoulder with the show going on but he said it was too loud. I really wanted Bob to see the show, so Colin and I went out into the lobby and found a secluded bench where Colin laid down and went to sleep.

After a while, I put Colin on my shoulder and went back to see what I could of the show. I ended up at the back watching the last 30 minutes, and I didn't miss the trash can sequence where three guys stand on top of these big 50 gallon trash cans and walk around to the beat of the music, it's my favorite part! And I got to watch this while Colin was asleep on my shoulder -- talk about a sound sleeper!

All in all, maybe I should have waited a couple more years before introducing Colin to his first show. But at least Bob got to see all of it, I got to see half of it and Colin liked what he saw.

No comments: