Thursday, June 7, 2007

Colin's swim lessons

Colin is taking swim lessons at Agnes Scott College, going 4 days a week for 2 weeks. He was very excited about the first day, but the second day said he didn't want to go to lessons with teachers. Umm ... that's what swim lessons are all about! So I explain to him that this is like school and you don't have a choice about going. That usually does the trick. However, today the trick was that he has 3 days off until his next lesson on Monday. "Uh, okay!" he says.

Even though he says he doesn't want to go, Colin always has a great time. Smiling the whole 30 minutes in the pool. Never protesting or compaining. So I really don't get it. Although, I really don't get a lot of stuff about 3 year olds!

A side note to the lessons, the parking lot that was suggested that we park, is always full. Day 1 I found one of the last spots. Day 2 I parked along the curb and was getting out just as a security officer pulled up. Great! I already had the kids unloaded, so he watched Colin and Nathan as I found another legal spot. Day 3 I parked in a parking garage that is just a couple blocks away. However, Colin wanted to park on the very top of the garage. No cars in sight, just us. Okay, whatever you want Colin -- you have to pick your battles you know! Now I discover that there is no elevator service to the top level. Walk down to the next level down to take the elevator. Actually Colin likes to push Nathan in the stroller down the ramp.

Now today is Day 4 and you guess it, back to the top of the parking garage. As I pull into the spot, a security officer pulls up behind me. (Agnes Scott College must be a very safe place!) I get out, he says, "can't get much higher, huh?"

"Well, officer", I say, "my 3 year old insists that we park at the top." I don't know what he thought I was going to do wrong up there, but he didn't make me move the car, and Colin got to push Nathan in the stroller down to the elevator on the next level down!

No comments: