Monday, April 16, 2007

Road trip - Atlanta to Indiana

The very next weekend after Spring Break, we were on the road again. This time driving to Indiana to visit my Grandpa Davey, Uncle Tom, Aunt Laura and cousin Danielle.

We did the trip to Indiana in the middle of the night. We left Atlanta at 9:15pm Thursday night and got into Decatur at 6:15am Friday morning. It was pretty uneventful. Colin slept most of the night. However, Nathan woke up after we got gas at 3:ooam and just looked out the window the rest of the time, not fussing or anything, but not sleeping either. He did fall back asleep about 30 minutes before getting to the hotel.

The trip back was the one that I was really dreading. We drove back on Sunday and left just before noon. We got on the road, and Colin was a little chatterbox which soon turned into "I want to get out. I want to, I want to, I want to. I really want to. I do, I do, I do, I want to get out." Repeated about a hundred times. I really can't complain too much about it. It was pretty cute, and not too annoying. Although after a while Bob asked Colin why he wants to get out. Really glad he did, because Colin said, "I have to go to the bathroom." If we do more road trips, I really hope Colin doesn't figure out the golden excuse for getting us to stop!

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised about how well the trip back went. We were about 40 miles away from home when it got really really bad. Colin crying, Nathan wimpering, Bob and I at our wits end, praying for the last 40 miles to go quickly. Again, I can't complain about that.

Also, the trip was done without the help of a DVD player! Bob and I are so old fashioned. Which reminds me of the trips that I did when I was a kid. My sister, brother and I could roam around the car and lay down and do all kinds of things that kids can't do now because they are strapped into a car seat. Almost seems cruel to me, but there is nothing I can do about it.

No comments: