Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July



Fourth of July in Atlanta means the Peachtree 10K Road Race which is one of the largest 10Ks in the US. 55,000 runners signed up on the internet in less than 24 hours. I heard about race numbers selling for $200. Anyway, Bob and I ran it this year. My time was 54:50 and I was very pleased with that. I typically pour the water from the water stops in my face to cool my body temperature down. I kept on getting water up my nose whenever I'd did that. Yuck.

At 4:00pm, Inman Park had a picnic at Springvale Park. It was the first neighborhood function that Bob and I took the kids and didn't have to constantly help, entertain, or just play with them. It was great! Colin and Nathan ran around with a couple of other boys and had a really good time.

Colin and Nathan fishing with their new friend, David at Springvale Park during the picnic.

The originally plan was to go home and take a little rest (aka nap) before going to the Grinnel where we were going to watch the fireworks from on top of the building. Well, we stayed really late at the picnic and just had enough time to go home, clean up and reload the keg with more beer and head back out.

On the way to the Grinnel, we past another gathering where a classmate of Nathan's was so we stopped there to chat for a bit, get some ice cream sandwiches and glow tubes for the kids. Then off to the roof top where the view of the fireworks was really something. Against my wishes, the kids even did some sparklers (I'm such a mom sometimes).

No comments: