Sunday, November 25, 2007

Moon book

Colin has a book that we used to read to him all the time when he was about 2 years old. Bob and I pretty much had it memorized. We always called it the "Moon Book", I'm not sure what the real name is because Colin ripped the cover off one night. The book was a gift from his Gramma Mary and has a moon that lights up when you push it (which explains some of the verses below). So here are the words to Colin's favorite book when he was little:

Night is coming
and I know that soon,
I'll go to sleep
in my cozy room.

I brush my teeth
before going to bed,
Then pull my pj's
over my head.

Out come the stare
that shine so bright,
So with a hug and kiss
I say goodnight.

There is no more
time to play,
But a bedtime story
will end the day.

My favorite is
about the Moon,
And the light it gives off
in my room.

My friend the Moon
will help me see,
And light my room,
staying close to me.

Whenever I wake in the night,
I push the Moon's face
to bring back its light.

I know that I
am safe and sound,
And my friend the Moon
will be around.

Then if I wander
in the night,
I can bring along
my own Moon light.

My Moon dims
and turns off its light,
And sleeps next to me
throughout the night.

Goodnight!

No comments: