Thursday, August 27, 2009

'Drop off' playdates

Yesterday Nathan went on a playdate. I've really been neglegent in doing playdates for Nathan. So most of Nathan's friends are Colin's friends, and most of the playdates that were scheduled this summer were with Colin's friends.

Anyway, Nathan was invited over to the house of a little boy that will be starting in his class soon. The little boy's sister used to be in Colin's class and that's how we know the family. On the way over to the playdate, Nathan told me he wanted to be "dropped off". Well, since I know the mom and wanted to hang out with her, I told Nathan that he could just pretend that I wasn't there. But the fact that he asked to be dropped off really demonstrated to me how different Nathan is from his brother. Colin hates "drop off" playdates.

No comments: