Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Break - Grand Cayman



Spring Break for Colin and Nathan and with the big Averna/DAQTron deal, we needed it! Unfortunately with everything going on, we couldn't leave town until Thursday of Spring Break and ended up taking just a quick, long, weekend trip to Grand Cayman. Bob wanted to go somewhere where the weather would be guarenteed to be warm.

We got to the hotel Thursday, April 9 before check-in and the room wasn't ready so we changed into our swim suits and hit the beach. Colin and Nathan loved the water and ocean and sand. Had to drag them away to go to lunch at the hotel restaurant. Bob and I had the local beer, Caybrew and it really hit the spot after being in the sun. Better than the other carribean beers like Red Stripe too.


Then we went swimming in the pool. While I was getting towels, Colin went out too deep in the water and got really scared. Bob was more scared and jumped into the pool to rescue Colin. Fortunately Colin was okay, unfortunately Bob's cell phone was sacrificed during the rescue.

As a result, I tried working with Colin on getting him to swim and put his face in the water. I think it's going to take a professional and private swim lessons for him to get over his fear of water. Which is crazy becasue the kid LOVES water. By me working all last summer and not doing any swim lessons with the kids, I think we really missed the boat with Colin. I just wasn't comfortable sending them to swim lessons with a babysitter. No offense to the babysitter, it's just my job.

Nathan on the other hand was loving going underneath the water. Bob would say 1, 2, 3 and dunk him under. Nathan just laughed and laughed. I think he was laughing under the water too. Then he would say, "Do it again!" Group swim lessons for Nathan.

Dinner was at a place across the street that was like a beach bar with picnic tables and outside seating. Very cool ambiance.

1 comment:

amy cohen-huffine said...

I love their adorable matching swim outfits! Colin will get the hang of swimming pretty quickly with private lessons, I am sure.