Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mr. Thoughtful

Our friends, Al and Melinda are expecting their first child in a couple of months. We still have our bassinet so I said that they could borrow it, if they were interested.

Last night, Al came over to go to a beer meeting with Bob in Little Five Points. During the meeting, I got the bassinet out and got it ready for Al to take home. Of course, Colin and Nathan were very interested in what I was doing. I explained to them that Al was going to have a baby, and we were loaning the bassinet to them for the baby. Colin thought this was a good idea and had a gold badge that he was going to give to Al for the baby.

As they were going to bed, Colin asked where Al was and when he was coming back. I said that Dad and Al were going to be back late, after he was asleep. Colin was very upset and wanted to give the badge to Al himself. So I suggested that we write a letter to Al and put the badge in the letter and the letter in the bassinet.

This is a picture of the letter that Colin and I wrote. Nathan helped by coloring the envelope.

No comments: