Saturday, November 8, 2008

Grandpa Davey


As I mentioned in the previous post, we were in Indiana for my Grandpa's funeral. My Grandpa Davey was in the hospital for a couple of months and Tuesday, October 28 was his final day. It was a very emotional time for all of us. The house was the biggest issue because several years ago, Grandpa was swindled out of the deed to his house. Personally, I think the lowest of the low lifes are the ones who take from children and the elderly. There are so many questions about what's going to happen to the house, and how long we have until it goes into foreclosure. The guy took a mortgage out on the house after he got the deed, and is not likely to keep up with the payments. Then there is the biggest issue, absolutely no one wants this piece of scum to move into the house now that my grandpa is gone.

Anyway, it's a big mess, but one good thing has come out of our loss ... it looks like my sister and I are on the way to rebuilding our relationship. It hasn't been pretty for a while between us, but that may be changing. I'm very optimistic and hopeful. Funny how our losses sometimes bring out change. It reminds me of my Grandma Davey's funeral. After that one, Bob and I had a big discussion about families and made the decision to start one of our own. The result is Colin and Nathan!

So Rest In Peace Grandpa, I love you. I hope you know that you and Grandma have made the world a better place by being here. Even in your passing, great things have happened to make life better for those of us remaining.



1 comment:

amy cohen-huffine said...

So sorry for your loss. Your Grandpa Davey sounds like a very special man.

I hope the house situation gets worked out and that you and your sister are on the way to a happier relationship in the future!!