Friday, October 17, 2008

Denver - GABF


It's been two years since Bob and I attended the granddaddy of all American beer fests. So it was time to go back to the Great American Beer Fest in Denver (GABF). Last time we brought the kids and found a babysitter on-line. She was one of the best babysitters ever! So when we were planning this trip, I crossed my fingers when I emailed her. To my great surprise, she was still at that email address ... and was available!! It's also a bonus that both Bob and I have family in the Denver area and were able to see them.

The beer fest was amazing as usual. I found my personal favorite, New Glarus Brewery and sampled some of their Raspberry Tart and Belgian Red. They really excel doing fruit beers, yummmy! Friday night we were able to get samples from them with little effort (maybe a 15 minute wait in line). Then Saturday afternoon, the line was at least a 30 minutes to 45 minutes wait. All for a one ounce pour! I was very happy that I already sampled New Glarus and didn't have to wait in that line.

I tried a lot of pumpkin beers, and a couple gluten-free beers, but I have to say that I was extremely happy to discover Dogfish Head's Midas Touch. And more importantly, this beer is available in the Atlanta area (unlike New Glarus).

Day 1 - Enjoying the fest Friday night.


Mexican Beer Dudes - Notice the pretzel somberros and pretzel bullet holders. Many people would wear pretzel necklaces to munch during the fest. These guys took it a step further!


Day 2 - Bob and I were the Alesmith reps with our matching shirts!

No comments: