Friday, August 22, 2008

Tomato plant



Nathan watering the tomato plant.


Last spring when I was on one of my many Target runs, I found a little pot with tomato seeds for $1. I'm no green thumb, but Danni has done a couple gardening things with the kids, and Colin loves that kind of stuff. So I gave Danni the pot and seeds and they planted it in the planter next to the Rosemary and Lavender that Colin had from an earlier project.

While we were in Paris at the beginning of the summer, everything died except for the tomato plants! Now the tomato plants are huge, and there are little green tomatoes on them. I can hope that once the tomatoes ripen that the kids will expand their diet a little bit and eat them ... but I'm not going to be disappointed if Bob and I have to eat the tomatoes. Colin has talked about making tomato juice with the tomatoes. Personally, I think that would be a waste of home-grown fresh tomatoes.

Gramma Mary and Colin inspecting the roses.

No comments: