Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"love you" notes

I think it was last week or so when I got home from work and Colin had made something and put it in a sealed envelope. He told me it was a "love you" note to Grace, his old friend from Roswell. What a sweet kid.

Then he was talking about making a "love you" note for his teacher, Mrs. Maureen. Which is quite a coincidence because this week is "Teacher Appreciation Week", and we were suppose to bring a flower and home-made cards for the kids teachers. It was recommended to have the children write (or dictate) a note to the teacher that went something like "I love Mrs. Maureen because ...". I imagine that some of the kids at school were working on their cards and were talking about it at school.

So anyway, I eventually got to work with Colin on his cards, I always procastinate these things. Not that I don't want to do it, I just procastinate, it's my nature. Mrs. Maureen's card said something like this, "I love you because you remind me of the building." Only a 4-year old could come up with something like that! I had to prompt Colin a little more, so Hyeseung's card said, "I love you because you are nice."

Once the cards were done, it was off to the store to buy the flowers. On the way to the store, I asked Colin what colors did his teachers like. He didn't know and wanted me to call them on my phone. Well, being it was suppose to be a surprise, I didn't think that would be a good idea. So I suggested that sometimes people wore the color that they liked a lot. According to Colin, Maureen wears a lot of different colors, so we figured that we were safe with whatever color he picked. He picked a pink rose. For Hyeseung, she wears a lot of white, so a white tulip for her.

On Tuesday the children brought their flowers to school to be assembled into an arrangement for each teacher. Then the cards were bound together and presented to each teacher. What a great idea for celebrating Teacher's Appreciation Week.

No comments: