Saturday, February 17, 2007

Grandma's visit


So Bob had a trip to Hungary for a week. I'm frantic, I will kill the kids if I have to do a whole week with them with no help! I'm not super mom and I know my limitations. So what can I do? Brainstorm -- I fly my mom down to Georgia from Nebraska to spend the week with me! It's genius and works! The week was so much fun. Well, Grandma and I didn't go out or anything, but she got to spend a lot of time with the kids and I didn't kill them!

So one morning when I am taking Colin to school -- which is so great because I don't have to load up both kids because Grandma is here! -- anyway, I'm taking Colin to school and Colin asks where is Grandma's car? I explain that she flew on a plane. And he says, "Did she walk from the airport?" So I explained that while he was sleeping, Lynn came over to babysit while I picked up Grandma at the airport.

Also Nathan has added another sign to his sign language list. His new sign is 'eat'. He just started signing 'eat' when my mom came to visit, and now he is doing it all the time. I don't know if he is just doing it because it's a new sign and likes to use it or if he is actually hungry and going through a growth spurt or something. I mean he is eating all the time. I told my mom that he usually doesn't eat this much. But then when my mom found out that he just learned the sign, she said that maybe I was starving him before!

No comments: